What’s New at Motorcyclemetal.com Aug. 4th 2010
Converting over to either Motorcycle Metal, Ohlins Universal R&T Inverted fully adjustable forks. or XR1200.
For Use with a Dyna, XR1200 Or Sportster Only!
8.7.15 Inverted Package #1
- One set of FG 324 (Gold) or FG 424 (Black) 800mm Öhlins Universal Inverted Forks w/0.85Nm springs
- 1” or 25mm axle, aluminum axle nut, and S.S. bolt & washer.
- Billet 100mm Radial Caliper Mounts to center the calipers on a Harley Davidson MidGlide Hub
- Triple Trees, Pocketed for strength and light weight, Mill Finish
- Radial caliper spacers for 320mm rotors (4)
- Pair Brembo radial 20.9970CALIPER P4 32 (L&R)
- Pair AXIS/Cobra Stainless Series 320mm AXIS O/S Floaters w/ Blk Hard Anodized Carriers
Note: No caliper mounting bolts are included in this quote. You can add for $16/Pair (X) 2 or $32.00
New Motorcycle Metal Triple trees for either a set of Ohlins or XR1200 forks (different size fork bore)
These forks use a standard HD riser or Integrated handlebar/riser System.
- Steering stem is 0* and Steering Stem Offset is 2.6″. No need any longer to raise your shocks to 420 mm to gain the correct trail.
- Brake manifold with through the top of the bottom tree M/C to T Brake Line routing.
- Large V in top tree to allow a 12 pin Deutsch connector to pass through with all cables & brake line in place.
- Previsions for either bottom mount Headlight or optional brackets to install a OEM “Eyebrow” visor/top mount Headlight.
- Previsions for a 63 mm Ohlins Steering Damper bracket mounting (sideways) to be installed with either with or without the brake manifold.
- Previsions for a Hidden Fork Stop.
- These trees come complete with a hidden Chrome Molly Hollow Steering Stem, and all SS Fasteners to mount the trees to your neck.
- Pricing: $1,000.00
Stock XR1200 Triple Trees are from HD.
- The Öhlins R&T are 800 mm/31.496” long, the same as stock.
Caliper mounting for either:
- OEM 11.5” rotors Radial Mount 100 mm mount
- 320 mm > 3.25 lb SS/Aluminum carrier, or CMC > 1 lb 9 oz. rotor Radial Mount 100 mm mount
Stainless Steel/Aluminum Carrier 320 MM Rotor
- Front: 320 mm/12.6″ Black Anodized Carrier/SS Friction Ring: $319.95
- Aluminum Caliper Adapters (HD Axial Mount only) for 320 mm Rotors on a: 2000 ~ Current Dresser, Softails, Pre-2006 Dynas, V-Rods, & others/Call for fitment:$169.90
- Aluminum Caliper Adapters (HD Axial Mount only) for 320 mm rotors on a XR1200 Standard (not X): $159.95
In all cases, the buttons and carriers can be made/come in a variety of custom colors and finishes.
* Triple Trees options are:
* Adapters so you may use the fork package with your OEM XR1200 Triple Trees to convert to the Ohlins Universal Forks.
* Mid Glide for use with a 5.010″ (XR1200, 2006 ~ Current dual disk, or V-Rod)
* Wide Glide for use with a 6.32″ (Dresser) hub.
Application for XR1200 & FXR/Dyna Family (Mid-Glide)
XR1200 Triple Tree either OEM or our XR1200 replacement:
Front Wheel Hub XR1200: 43103-08, Sportster 43499-08 w/43355-00 hub plate, 43312-08 or Dyna Duel Disk Hub 43243-06.
Wide Glide Application
Hub use for either Wide Glide =< 2000 FL (Billet Triple Tree),
Of course the fully adjustable custom built inverted forks have always been available for your FL Touring Family Bagger from either Öhlins or our own.
1 st photo (gold) is my inverted wide glide. The black forks are a XR1200 based fork package.
Wide Glide Applications for the Dyna and Softail. This is a direct bolt-up with using a Wide Glide standard duel flange hub and my Wide Glide Triple Trees. Brembo 100 mm calipers and your choice of either 11 1/2″, 300 mm, or 320 mm rotors. From exposed neck to completed project in less than 2 hours. A set of SAE & Metric Allan wrenches and an adjustable wrench is all you need.